Saturday, July 2, 2011

A2 Changed: A Post for Proof


I just wanted to write a little about my A2 topic on here, even though we've already turned it in.  I am instead writing about the Jay Leno/Conan O'Brien Tonight Show fiasco-- for those who aren't familiar, Conan basically got kicked out of his 11:35pm Tonight Show timeslot because a) Jay was failing miserably at 10pm, and b) Conan wasn't doing that well either.  Conan decided to leave instead of being pushed.  The outpouring of support weighed heavily in Conan's favor, and I am going to attribute this to the relationship he cultivated with his fans.  They love him.  But does anyone really love Jay Leno?  (not that I can think of).  The interesting juxtaposition is that even though Conan's humor is much more niche-y, he has fans that support him whereas Jay's humor reaches a wider audience, yet he has very little support.  Personality is everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment